Don’t forget the Geelong & Surrounds Sustainable House Day coming up on the 10th-11th October. Find out more @ www.geelongsustainability.org.au/shd2020.
Geelong Sustainability sees opportunities in challenges. Respectful of the current physical distancing rules, we’ve seized the opportunity to reinvent this year’s Sustainable House Day.
Our SHD2020 event will be held over a whole weekend with webinars on Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th of October. We’re making the event an even richer online learning experience open to everyone so people can make the transition to housing that is cheaper to run, more comfortable to live in and a lower carbon footprint.
What’s planned for SHD2020?
Wednesday 16th September, 6.30-8.00pm – SHD Launch
This year our usual Green Drinks: Meet the Homeowners get together will be held via Zoom.
- We’ll showcase all the exemplar houses opening in SHD2020.
- We’ll introduce you the homeowners and some of the sustainable experts.
- We’ll open SHD registrations
Saturday 10 & Sunday 11 October, 11am-4.30pm – SHD2020 Zoominars
We know how much people value talking to the homeowners and experts, so we’ve designed our program to include this interaction and peer-to-peer learning in our virtual format. The day itself will include a line-up of live virtual sustainable house presentations and Q&A sessions with homeowners and sustainability experts.
Over the SHD weekend, we’ll host 8 x 1hr Zoom webinars with homeowners and subject matter experts to replicate the knowledge sharing of the face-to-face event. Participants will be able to submit questions online beforehand and during the event. We’ll record each session for future playback.
Saturday 24 & 31 October – Speed Date a Sustainable Expert
Two weeks after SHD, we’ll host over 40 speed dates via Zoom in which people can get advice from a range of subject matter experts.
- The panel of experts will include: architects, designers, energy assessors, builders, solar designers & installers, window suppliers, permaculture and gardening experts.
- During these 15min consultations, the sustainability experts will answer your specific questions and offer practical advice.
- People will be able to register for two dates at cost $5/date.
How can you get the most out of SHD2020?
Access the free information:
- Read about the open homes on our website.
- Watch the preview house videos to see their key features.
- Follow SHD updates via our SHD Facebook page @SHDgeelong.
Head to the Geelong Sustainability website for more details here: https://www.geelongsustainability.org.au/shd2020/